I was a member of Vision Quest fitness back around 2005/2006. They use ABC financial for their billing. They were supposed to be billing for my family’s gym membership, as well as classes we were taking. It was under $200 a month for everything. When it came time to cancel the membership, ABC continued to bill us! They took out over $800 over 2 months though. I don’t understand how our membership was under $200 a month, then when we cancel when the contract is up, they take out $400 two months in a row.

We called ABC and they said we had to take the bank records to Vision Quest to get it sorted out, despite our membership had been cancelled for two months. When I went in and talked to them, they refused to get ABC to refund the money saying that “We cannot give you cash or a credit back to your bank account, we can only give you credit at the gym.” I argued with them because why the heck would I want an $800 credit at a gym I had left. What….am I supposed to buy $800 in smoothies or tanning?!? I threw a fit but they would not budge. I finally had to have my husband go in there and argue with the owner. After over an hour of arguing and legal threats, he agreed to reimburse our $800. It then took ABC two months to do so.

Years later, a Vision Quest opened by my house, and the gym membership there is only $10 a month. I decided to give them a try again, but this time paid my gym membership up front. I paid in cash for 2 years upfront. They needed a credit card on file to charge $25.00 to once a year as a “member charge”, and I was fine with that…

It came time for my annual fee on January 27th, and they charged my card that day. It went through, and posted to my bank account. The next day I received a call from ABC saying that my card declined. I assured them it did not, and that I actually showed the transaction posted on my bank account. I offered to give them the transaction number even, but I was told “I was wrong”. They said I needed to call Vision Quest. I called Vision Quest and they would not help me. They said I needed to mail them my bank statement. I told them that was a huge privacy and security concern, and I would not. The woman told me “I cannot help you!” A couple days later I received a letter from ABC threatening to send me to collections. I sent them a copy of just the transaction from my bank, and they would not acknowledge it came out. They said the record of the transaction was not “proof”. How to the actual record from my bank not proof?!?

They agree to only help me if I send them a complete bank statement. What the *** is wrong with this company?!? I printed a copy of my statement and blacked out everything on it except my name, address, and the transaction, and I guarantee they probably won’t accept it still. I’m going down to Vision Quest and raising *** tonight. This is insane!

Review about: Abc Financial Membership.

Had an Experience with Abc Financial?

Comments

Stephanie@abc
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #616665

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Stephanie.cook@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Stephanie Cook

Customer Relationship Specialist

ABC Financial Services, Inc.